Nothing says friendship like braving Minnesota in the winter. *coldest winter since 1975. Roo and I continue to break records wherever we trek.
We got walloped by a narsty snowstorm just before Linds arrived, so we greeted her with icy roads and a few slippy spots.
– Boots should be functional, but that varies by designer and state
– Drinking warms you up faster than complaining
– Roger Rabbit makes a helluva lot more sense when you’re older
– How do I know all about Frozen even though I’ve never seen it?
– I’m going into the nail polish naming business #igottips
– I like to eat ice cream in 5 degree weather, sneaking around like I stole it
– Ryder makes quite the fashion accessory
– We all sleep with the enemy
– Serve s’mores on time, with chocolate pre-melted
– Team Nana
– Nothing, nothing, nothing beats a great friendship
– We probably talked about you
The whole fam damily came in town for Valentine’s weekend. Babysitters are romantic. Yep, I talked folks into coming up north during winter. It’s good for the southerners to realize that people actually enjoy cold weather.
Sledding, skating and a proper dusting of snow to welcome the foreigners.
We definitely got into the Olympics. 3 big cheers to Bode, and Oshie – the new overnight stud. BIG FAT middle finger to every moron that posts something about the results in real-time. My fave, “What a good [insert performance], can’t wait to watch it tonight!.” Um, how about you just tell me how we did. We’re on a 10 hour delay, perhaps a little respect. Do we need to know everything the minute it happens? According to ESPN we do. I think it cheapens the experience for all.
Our little Valentine has been keeping us fully entertained. He’s quite verbal and we hang on every tiny syllable. Dancing, rock climbing, throwing, pointing, kissing, all of it.
News and social media are ruining the Olympics. You should have to opt-in for real-time results.
Hockey is hard.
I’ve talked parents and friends into visiting in February. Mwhaha.
How long will it take these mounds of snow to melt?
Home renovation upgrades are…interesting.
Running faster. Keeping it exciting.
Olympic commercials make me sob.
First haircuts. Just like dad.
I can’t remember all the lullabies, so I sing Christmas songs.
The sequel has been an entirely new experience. Keeping my eye on the prize.